• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Courting

Rexenm

Inkling
Atheism might be the answer, but what about romance in fantasy? It is often said, that men and women have different genders, but what about genres?

An epic may have an accompanying romance, but what about those rebellious stories,?

I guess I was wondering about that book, but it may be endemic, in my psyche, to look at my WIP, and wonder if just the magic is too powerful.

…like reading a book, stopping at a point, and then dreading the ending…

Rexenm

Inkling
Another theory, is the one. You can see it all over the animation medium. There is an unattainable love, a selfhood, and a foreboding present. In fact, it is as if the godless are god.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Sorry Rexemn, I dont get what you are looking for...

Atheism might be the answer(<--Answer to what? What does that have to do with Courting?), but what about romance in fantasy? It is often said, that men and women have different genders(<--crazy notion, I am sure), but what about genres(<--Um, okay, are you saying like women tend to prefer romances and men tend to prefer fantasy? I think that is mostly true)?

An epic may have an accompanying romance, but what about those rebellious stories(<--What is a rebellious story? What would that mean to courting?),?

I guess I was wondering about that book(<--What book?), but it may be endemic, in my psyche, to look at my WIP, and wonder if just the magic is too powerful(<--How would any of us know? Only you know your book. Where is the part about courting?).

…like reading a book, stopping at a point, and then dreading the ending(<--Courting? 🤷‍♂️)

Indulgence(<--Not sure what that clarifies?)

Another theory, is the one. You can see it all over the animation medium. There is an unattainable love, a selfhood, and a foreboding present. In fact, it is as if the godless are god (<--Are we still talking about courting? Were we ever? Who cares what the godless think of god, what does that have to do with courting?)

Rexenm

Inkling
Courting refers to a relationship that needs a chaperone. A chaperone is a presence that prevents a relationship. A relationship is a partnership with mutual advantage. Advantage is a situation that requires a release. Release is a term that defines anything that is pregnant with meaning. Pregnancy is an accentuation of emergency. Emergency is an aspect of danger. Danger results in courting. Gee, that was fun, what now?

Courting means dating, or pursuing a romantic partnership.

Romance in fantasy aimed at women is often different to that of the type aimed at a male audience, and in fantasy that is more aimed at a male readership I think it tends to play more of a minor role. You would likely have more male main characters for a male readership and more female leads for a female readership. There’s plenty of fantasy that can universally enjoyed too of course.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Squirrel 🐿️
Racket 🏓

I can chase that squirrel, and once in a while I might hit it, but the squirrel always wins, cause its got more energy.

I dont know.

Atheism might be the answer cause God is a chaperone? I don't think people are going to make the leap that courting means a chaperone, and atheism might be the answer to it.

What is the real question here?

It seems to me you are asking about various Genre's and their appeal to people of different genders. Are you asking why that might be?

Another theory, is the one. You can see it all over the animation medium. There is an unattainable love, a selfhood, and a foreboding present. In fact, it is as if the godless are god.
That's the choice, isn't it? When it comes down to it, either God is God or each human is god.
The question comes down to the nature of God vs. The nature of humanity.

Edit: thinking about it, a lot people who have a problem with there being a God refer to the depth of evil and how He could allow it to exist.
Yet if there is not a God, and humankind are each gods, every atrocity is perfectly justified by the person who committed them. Accidental tragedies are the mistakes of gods.

Rexenm

Inkling
I think there are different forms of god. The pensive, the god that does not exist. The slime, something that eventually you blow up. The instrument, meaning god is some kind of rock. I think it all comes down to interpretation, but basically - god can, you cannot. You reside in the infinite, one does not.

Guidance is a different matter, but I believe in some form of presence, something that one cannot define.

But perhaps to collect my thoughts, goddess could be truer to the point and form, of my interpretation of the one.