• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Superpower ideas?

yeah, i was also looking for less popular superpowers, but it was difficult, then i came accros a random superpower generator tool that generate superpowers, i just clicked on generate button and it gives me some superpower ideas… that tool suggest me “Memory Manipulation” superpower , i its really cool looking for me.
i have generated some more superpowers, you may like:

• Power Erasure
  • Electric Sound Generation
  • Time Manipulation
  • Ice Manipulation
  • Gravity Distortion
  • Energy Absorption
  • Kinetic Vision
  • Teleportation
actually i am new here so its my first post, i am trying to add value to this community…

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Welcome to the site, James.

I can pop up a lot of extraneous superpowers, but I am sure even the obscure ones have probably been grabbed by Marvel and DC by now. And if you have a random generator anyway....

I bet a power to command a swarm of stink bugs has not been taken.

What is the story you are wanting to make?

Thanks for the welcome! You're right about Marvel a
Welcome to the site, James.

I can pop up a lot of extraneous superpowers, but I am sure even the obscure ones have probably been grabbed by Marvel and DC by now. And if you have a random generator anyway....

I bet a power to command a swarm of stink bugs has not been taken.

What is the story you are wanting to make?

nd DC snatching up all the good stuff. But commanding stink bugs? Now that's a hilarious twist! Honestly, I'm just here for the ride—I don't even have a story yet! But who knows, maybe the stink bugs will inspire something wild. 😃

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I do like the memory manipulation. That would cause a lot of cognitive dissonance, and image having to explain why you changed someones memories. That would be a huge trust killer. I could see a lot of ways to make good stage business with that.

If you're looking for random powers, I think Brandon Sanderson did something like this in the Alcatraz series, where the characters have some random power, like always being late to things or falling over.

I think part of his idea came from X-men, where the mutants always have these awesome powers. However, if you have someone gain a power to control the weather, or read your mind, then you would likewise also have a lot of people with very weird and useless powers. Or maybe 'useless', since in Alcatraz, Sanderson uses some of these silly powers to great effect. After all, always being late is terrible, except if it means that you're late to bullets flying at you and thus they miss.

If you're looking for random powers, I think Brandon Sanderson did something like this in the Alcatraz series, where the characters have some random power, like always being late to things or falling over.

I think part of his idea came from X-men, where the mutants always have these awesome powers. However, if you have someone gain a power to control the weather, or read your mind, then you would likewise also have a lot of people with very weird and useless powers. Or maybe 'useless', since in Alcatraz, Sanderson uses some of these silly powers to great effect. After all, always being late is terrible, except if it means that you're late to bullets flying at you and thus they miss.
thank you so much for your suggestions bro 😎

I do like the memory manipulation. That would cause a lot of cognitive dissonance, and image having to explain why you changed someones memories. That would be a huge trust killer. I could see a lot of ways to make good stage business with that.
Absolutely! Memory manipulation brings a whole new level of drama and ethical complexity to the table. It's like navigating through a maze of trust and deception with each altered memory

Gurkhal

Auror
I personally wouldn't worry to much about being original, unique or whatever about magical powers of abilities. Picking one that works in a story with all the other elements and executing this story well is what will count in the end.

Good luck though, I hope you find a good way to implement memory manipulation in the story.

I personally wouldn't worry to much about being original, unique or whatever about magical powers of abilities. Picking one that works in a story with all the other elements and executing this story well is what will count in the end.

Good luck though, I hope you find a good way to implement memory manipulation in the story.
thank you so much for your kind words.. yeah i will try my best to implement memory manipulation in my story 😉